Product Review: Traeger Ironwood 885
Grilling has never been more enjoyable than with the Traeger Ironwood 885 wifi-controlled wood pellet grill. By using a mix of natural hardwood pellets and the preciseness of digital technology, this grill produces a delicious wood-fired flavor with ease.
Being one of the most modern and versatile wood pellet grills, it is backed up with lots of cool features. The lower cooking grate can be raised when grilling or lowered when you’re searing juicy steaks.
Thanks to the Traeger Downdraft Exhaust system and TRU Convection system, it circulates fresh blue smoke keeping the smoke in the chamber longer. The system also maintains even heat within the chamber, therefore, increasing the efficiency of the grill.
Its D2 Drive drivetrain helps the Ironwood last for ages because of its DC brushless motor. It also increases the grills efficiency with its Turbo Temp fast start-up and its variable-speed fan. Traeger Ironwood 885 has a ‘Keep Warm’ mode that allows you to have your meal when you’re ready, so you don’t have to eat your meat right away.
The Ironwood comes with double side walled insulation that lets you better control your temperature. Its digital display and easy-to-use control panel give you full control with dedicated buttons and a navigation dial for creating custom cook cycles and fast access to handy functions such as ‘super smoke’ mode and ‘keep warm’ mode.
Traeger Ironwood 885
Say goodbye to babysitting your grill with the Traeger WiFIRE controller that lets you remotely change the temperature and set the timer. The Traeger app lets you access thousands of Traeger recipes from your smartphone or tablet and is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
Traeger’s WiFIRE controller is also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home-enabled devices. These devices allow you to change temperatures, create alerts, and set alarms while using voice commands. Traeger’s inbuilt Pellet Sensor monitors the level of pellets in the hopper and holds up to 20 pounds of hardwood pellets.
The hopper clean out door allows you to empty the contents when cleaning or swapping out flavors. It is tucked away in a hidden grease pan that easily slides out for cleaning. The Traeger Ironwood 885 is made to outlast its competitors with its all-terrain wheels, strong sawhorse style chassis, black powder coat finish, and heavy-duty locking casters
- Class: Premium
- Fuel type: Pellets
- Collection: Ironwood
- Exterior material: Powder-coated steel
- Configuration: Freestanding
- Main color: Black
- Cooking grate material: Porcelain-coated steel
- Cooking grid dimensions: 30 X 19″
- Main grilling area: 570 sq. inches
- Secondary grilling area: 315 sq. inches
- Total grilling area: 885 sq. inches
- Burger count: 24
- WiFi/Bluetooth enabled: WiFi only
- Grill lights: None
- Thermometer: Smartphone app
- Side shelves: Yes
- Side burner: None
- Hopper capacity: 20 pounds
- Max temperature: 500⁰F
- Height: 48″
- Width: 54:
- Depth: 27″
- Weight: 172 lbs
What we like
- Quality: The exterior is built with 13 gauge powder-coated steel and 5mm main cooking grates 4mm auxiliary cooking grates made of solid steel that is coated in porcelain.
- WiFIRE Technology: This lets you control your grill anytime & anywhere using the Traeger app. The app lets you browse over 1,600 recipes, adjust temperatures, and monitor your food.
- D2 Ironwood Controller: It features easy-to-use controls that maintain precise temperatures for steady results. The Super Smoke mode lets you crank up BBQ flavors with a simple press of a button.
- Meat probe: Its built-in meat probe allows you to know how far along your food is without lifting the lid.
- Grill in any weather: Its double sidewall insulation enhances consistent pellet use, even in cold weather.
- Traeger Pellet Sensor: The pellet sensor helps you remotely monitor the level of your pellets ensuring you never run out of them.
- Porcelain grill grates: The Traeger Ironwood 885 features non-stick grates that are easy to clean.
- 885 square inches of grilling space: You get to enjoy enough grilling space to fit up to 7 racks of ribs or 10 chickens.
Traeger Ironwood series offers a premium class grilling experience designed with a 6 in 1 functionality to smoke, grill, braise, roast, and barbecue with consistent results. It offers the versatility of a conventional oven while boasting delicious wood-fired flavors of outdoor barbecuing.
Simply select a recipe, download it to the controller and let the Traeger Ironwood 885 do the rest. The GrillGuide® changes the Ironwood’s temperatures and locks in the precise cooking time for you.
|Traeger Ironwood 885||Louisiana Grills LG800E||Camp Chef Woodwind||Weber SmokeFire EX4 Gen 2||Broil King Baron 550|
Cooking Area (sq in)
Ease of Set Up
Buy It Here >>